Monday, November 1, 2010

Relevant Technology for the 21st Century Teacher



Let's face it. To be a successful teacher these days you'll need A LOT of creativity, plenty of patience, and some tech savvy to stay on top of all of your responsibilities. Here are a few websites I've found to cut down on excess time in the classroom.

Some school systems in Metro Atlanta have an interface where students, teachers, and parents can interact with grades, but I found that engradeis one of the most valuable resources on the internet. It keeps you connected and builds, what I like to call, the trifecta of student accountability. This way, students, teachers, and parents can interact and understand grades, grading policies, and absence policies as well.

As a teacher, you're going to need a website as well. Educator Pages is a good alternative to Google Sites. User friendly and interactive, I think you'll find it to be helpful.

Teachers also need a place to find new inspiration from like-minded people. Classroom 2.0is a social networking site for teachers, complete with lesson plans, and forums like blog posts to keep us sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment